BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Welcome to our Blog!!!

Stay a while!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turkey Day already?


I am so not ready. It's a good thing we are going to some friends' house that know how to deep fry a turkey. mmmm I know my way around the kitchen, after all, I did take a cooking class and a chocolate class at College of Southern Nevada. But I cannot do a turkey. I've never tried to do one actually. I prefer to do the other stuff. Guaci is at Costco right now actually, buying everything I need to take an apple pie. She's buying an apple pie. See? My higher learning in the kitchen is paying its dividends. I am, however actually making Cream of Corn from scratch. Well, not really from scratch, I mean, the corn is frozen and all I really do is boil it in some heavy whipping cream. At least I can say though that the candied yams are definitely mine. Well, when I say mine I mean, I'm the one that put them in the oven and smothered them in butter and marshmallows and brown sugar. I guess that counts as cooking. Chef Steve, my teacher from last year's cooking class would be proud. I'm just glad I bought that $250.00 set of German knives. Maybe I'll put my chef uniform on while I heat up my food, just for giggles.

0 comments: